Thursday, June 30, 2011

Compost bin

Compost bin w lip by zero7negative
Compost bin w lip, a photo by zero7negative on Flickr.

So this is with the lid on. You can see I didn't take into consideration the thickness of the sides. So yeah. I fucked up. It'll look vintage in 15 years and some ass clown might buy it off me for way more money later.
Anyhow. I used 1x12 redwood for the tops, sides, bottom, lid. 2x2 for the corners to connect everything. I used decking screws for their weather resistant characteristics.
Measurements. 26" wide. 24" deep. 24" tall. I know it doesn't sound like a very big compost bin. But it's plenty large for my use. If I find later on I need a larger one. I'll make it. Cost me about $80 for materials and transportation. I factore trans into cost b/c it is a part of the cost. I've seen these boxes online for a shit ton more. Granted they look that much better than mine. But I think I'll save my money regardless of how ugly it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment